Welcome to the Online AHEC Scholars Coursework
The Virginia AHEC Scholars Program recruits, trains, and supports a diverse group of students from across the state, creating a multidisciplinary team of health professionals committed to both community service and the transformation of health care in Virginia.
The Virginia AHEC Scholars Program is funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration and led by the Virginia Health Workforce Development Authority in partnership with Virginia’s eight regional AHEC centers and institutions of higher education across Virginia. The didactic content was developed for the Virginia Health Workforce Development Authority led by Dr. Alan Dow in collaboration with VHWDA partners.
Key statewide partners in the Virginia AHEC Scholars Program include:
- Virginia’s medical schools and various health professions programs
- Virginia Community Health Care Association
- Virginia Department of Health Professions
- Virginia Office of Health Equity
- Virginia Office of Rural Health