In recent years, the Governor of Virginia, as well as legislators, health care organizations and other stakeholders, have made health workforce development a priority by creating the Virginia Health Workforce Development Authority (VHWDA). Designed to marry health workforce efforts and initiatives in Virginia, the VHWDA is instrumental in facilitating pipeline development across the full spectrum of health professions. As part of this vision, the VHWDA gathers information on supply and demand beginning with primary and secondary education through recruitment and retention in underserved areas throughout the Commonwealth.
To support regional and state-wide efforts, VHWDA identifies health care, economic and social conditions important for local and regional development. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know your health workforce data needs.
Additional data and statistics resources are available below:
- Behavioral Sciences Workforce Survey 2018 Results
- Dentist and Dental Hygienist Workforce Survey 2017 Results
- Virginia's Licensed Nursing Workforce: 2018
- Series 1, Issue 81: State & National Employment
- Series 2, Issue 81: Virginia Regional Employment
- Series 3, Issue 29: Income & Compensation